Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- With immense sadness, we announce the death of our dear colleague Olivier de Munck. He was a supremely dedicated colleague who joined the Secretariat in 1999.
- Nominations are now invited for the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018. The call for nominations remains open until 15 June 2018.
- The February 2018 edition of the Global Partnership for Business and Biodiversity newsletter is now available.
- The Technical Expert Workshop on Other Effective Area-Based Conservation Measures for Achieving Aichi Biodiversity Target 11 is being held 6-9 February 2018 in Montreal, Canada.
- Today some four billion people live in urban areas. In these human-built spaces, people tend to think of streets and buildings.
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species