Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Statement by the CBD Executive Secretary on the occasion of the 20th Session of the International Seabed Authority Assembly, 14 to 25 July 2014, Kingston, Jamaica
- The Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization will enter into force on 12 October 2014 following its ratification by 51 Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- Statement by Mr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, on the Occasion of the 10th Anniversary Celebrations of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture Coming into Force, Geneva, Switzerland, 3 July 2014
- Governments finished a week of deliberations on scientific issues that will inform future national efforts under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) to achieve the goals of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and its Aichi Biodiversity Targets.
- Statement by Mr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, on the Occasion of the Eighteenth Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice, 23 - 28 June 2014, Montreal, Canada
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species