Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- New dates and venue announced for two critical UN Biodiversity Convention meetings, dates for UN Biodiversity Conference 2020 to be adjusted
- Due to the evolving nature of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) has moved to hold many meetings virtually and has postponed others.
- Statement by Ms. Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Acting Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, at the opening of the Subregional Exchange for the Caribbean on the Restoration of Forests and Other Ecosystems, 9-13 March 2020
- Subregional exchange for the Caribbean on the restoration of forests and other ecosystems
- Joining the global celebration of the United Nations World Wildlife Day, representatives of UN Member States, UN System organizations, international and non-governmental organizations, rural communities and youth gathered at the UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva to mark the day at two high-level events.