Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Opening Statement, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, 9th Trondheim Conference on Biodiversity, 2 - 5 July 2019
- Message from the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca-Palmer, on the occasion of the World Environment Day, 5 June 2019: "Beat Air Pollution".
- Message from the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the occasion of the World Oceans Day, 8 June 2019: "Gender and the Ocean".
- Young people from around the world are encouraged to submit videos for the 2019 Global Youth Video Competition showcasing positive solutions on three themes: Nature-based Solutions for Food and Human Health; Cities and Local Action to Combat Climate Change; and Nature-Based Solutions to balance the use of land for people and ecosystems.
- The United Nations celebrated the International Day for Biological Diversity by examining the fundamental role of nature in ensuring human health and good nutrition.