Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, CBD Executive Secretary, said: "These assessments are sobering. They show that the pressures on biodiversity and its associated ecosystem services from human activities, including climate change, are increasing. They show that the status of biodiversity is decreasing. They show that while the world is taking actions, more needs to be done to halt the loss of biodiversity."
- Many of the solutions to our global water challenges can be found in nature.
- On Saturday 24 March 8:30 p.m. local time, skylines around the world will go dark as millions celebrate WWF's Earth Hour to spark global awareness and action on nature and the environment.
- Forests are essential for cities around the world. Forest ecosystems provide water and other critical services on which cities depend.
- For this year's International Women's Day, I join my voice to the call to action to empower women in all settings, rural and urban, and to draw inspiration from the activists working to achieve women's rights and gender equality.
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species