Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- UN Biodiversity Convention to host series of webinars prior to the resumed sessions of its two subsidiary bodies and working group on post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- New dates announced for resumed sessions of UN Biodiversity Convention's two subsidiary bodies and post-2020 global biodiversity framework working group
- Statement by Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of International Mountain Day
- New and improved Biosafety Clearing-House platform now available online to assist Parties in implementing the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
- UN Biodiversity Convention postpones in-person resumed sessions of its two subsidiary bodies and working group on post-2020 global biodiversity framework.