Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- New surveys of more than 5,000 consumers in five countries indicate that the majority (79 per cent) feel that "companies have a moral obligation" to have a positive impact on people and biodiversity in their sourcing of natural ingredients, but only 37 per cent feel "confident that companies pay serious attention" to these issues.
- Message of the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the occasion of the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought, 17 June 2018
- Statement by Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the CARICOM Workshop for the Development of a Regional Biodiversity Strategy for the Caribbean Community, Georgetown, Guyana, 14 June 2018
- No matter where we live, every other breath we take comes from the Ocean's breath - from the oxygen produced by its phytoplankton and its rich marine plant life.
- Every year, we use some 500 billion plastic bags. Every year, as much as 13 million tons of plastic finds its way into the ocean. Every year, 17 million barrels of oil are used to produce plastic.
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species