Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Biodiversity Capacity Development Update (BioCAP) Issue 10 is available.
- Statement by Ms. Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, at the opening of the informal session in preparation for SBSTTA-24
- UN Biodiversity Convention's science body holds online informal session to exchange views on key biodiversity issues
- Biodiversity Convention and International Tropical Timber Organization renew collaboration to 2025
- Republic of Korea Funds Phase 2 of Bio-Bridge Initiative