Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Statement by Ms. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the African Ministerial Summit on Biodiversity: "Land and ecosystem degradation and restoration: Priorities for increased investments in biodiversity and resilience in Africa"; Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt, 13 November 2018
- The global community will lay the groundwork for action over the next few decades to protect biodiversity and nature at the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference, scheduled to take place in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt from 17 to 29 November 2018.
- The world has two years to secure a deal for nature to halt a 'silent killer' as dangerous as climate change, says biodiversity chief
- The winners of the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018 were announced today. The MIDORI Prize is a prestigious biennial international prize organized by the AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- I call on all governments to send a clear message at COP 14 that safeguarding biodiversity is fundamental to our survival and to the well-being of everybody, everywhere.