Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Ambassador Mary Seet-Cheng, Chair of the East Asian Seas Partnership Council, Viet Nam Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Chu Pham Ngoc Hien, PEMSEA Executive Director, Stephen Adrian Ross, Dr. Chua Thia-Eng, Chair Emeritus of the East Asian Seas Partnership Council, Honorable Ministers, Distinguished Delegates, Ladies and Gentlemen, It is a pleasure to address you at the East Asian Seas Partnership Council Meeting and it is fitting that the Congress chose "Global Targets, Local Benefits" as the theme this year.
- Chairperson, Distinguished Delegates, Ladies and Gentlemen, It is a pleasure to address you at the 51st International Tropical Timber Council with good news late on a day you have spent in difficult negotiations.
- Governments at an international biodiversity science meeting have agreed on a set of actions for the further implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020.
- First, I would like to extend my deep appreciation to Mr. Kenneth Deer and Mr. Charles Patton, Elders of the Mohawk Community from Kahnawake, Canada, for providing a traditional blessing and for sharing with us their rich cultural heritage, which is deeply rooted in this land.
- It is my pleasure to welcome you to the nineteenth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice and to welcome you all back to Montreal. It has been a year since we gathered in Pyeongchang, Republic of Korea, for COP 12, where important decisions were taken.