Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Message from the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca-Palmer, on the occasion of the World Environment Day, 5 June 2019: "Beat Air Pollution".
- Message from the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the occasion of the World Oceans Day, 8 June 2019: "Gender and the Ocean".
- Young people from around the world are encouraged to submit videos for the 2019 Global Youth Video Competition showcasing positive solutions on three themes: Nature-based Solutions for Food and Human Health; Cities and Local Action to Combat Climate Change; and Nature-Based Solutions to balance the use of land for people and ecosystems.
- The United Nations celebrated the International Day for Biological Diversity by examining the fundamental role of nature in ensuring human health and good nutrition.
- The Convention on Biological Diversity is pleased to partner with the Slow Food International for this year's celebrations of the International Day for Biological Diversity, on 22 May 2019, which focuses on biodiversity as the foundation of our health and food systems.