Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Delegates to the tenth meeting of the Ad Hoc Open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and Related Provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity agreed on a set of recommendations related to the contributions of indigenous peoples and local communities to the Convention on Biological Diversity. The recommendations from the meeting will be sent to the Conference of the Parties at the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference being held in Egypt in 2018.
- I and my colleagues here at the Secretariat are greatly saddened to learn that Dr. Calestous Juma, former Executive Secretary to the Convention on Biological Diversity, has passed away.
- Delegates to the science body of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) closed their meeting this week, sending a number of recommendations to the next UN Biodiversity Conference that set the stage for achievement of the Aichi Biodiversity Targets, and preparation of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, at the Twenty-First Meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice, 11-14 December 2017, Montreal, Canada
- Statement by the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, at the Tenth meeting of the ad hoc open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and related provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Montreal, Canada, 13 December 2017
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species