Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- A report launched today shows that Asian consumers have an increasing awareness of the planet's biodiversity and want to see companies protecting it.
- Fifteen years ago, the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity entered into force aiming to ensure the safe handling, transfer and use of living modified organisms (or LMOs) resulting from modern biotechnology.
- Statement by Ms. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, at the closing of the Plenary of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, 4 May 2019
- The world needs transformative change if life on Earth is to be safeguarded and people are to continue to receive the services and benefits that nature provides, according to a new report from an international team of leading researchers.
- The inaugural Nature Champions Summit closed Thursday with a call to put nature at the centre of the global discourse together with climate action and sustainable development.