Welcome to the Grenada Biodiversity CHM Portal
The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM) of the Convention on Biological Diversity has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention
Further to decision X/15, its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity and its Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020, through effective information services and other appropriate means in order to promote and facilitate scientific and technical cooperation, knowledge sharing and information exchange, and to establish a fully operational network of Parties and partners.
Grenada has been a party to the Convention Since: 11 August 1994 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 3 December 1992 and a party to Cartagena Protocol Since: 5 May 2004 (by Ratification) Signature Date: 24 May 2000.
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- The winners of the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018 were announced today. The MIDORI Prize is a prestigious biennial international prize organized by the AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- I call on all governments to send a clear message at COP 14 that safeguarding biodiversity is fundamental to our survival and to the well-being of everybody, everywhere.
- Interview with the Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer
- Fifteen years ago, the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity entered into force aiming to ensure the safe handling, transfer and use of living modified organisms (or LMOs) resulting from modern biotechnology.
- Germany has published the first report on the utilization of genetic resources through the Access and Benefit-sharing (ABS) Clearing-House by issuing a checkpoint communiqué concerning research on ants from South Africa. This was rapidly followed by checkpoint communiqués from Malta and Qatar.