News from the CHMsRDF channels:
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Opening statement by Ms. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, at the Asia-Pacific Regional Consultation Workshop on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan, 28 January 2019
- Statement of the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Assistant-Secretary-General of the United Nations, on the occasion of the Official Launch of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France, 28 January 2019
- It is with great regret and deepest sadness that we convey news of the untimely death of Dr Bradnee Chambers, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS). Among his numerous achievements is the strengthened collaboration among the biodiversity-related conventions towards common objectives. His loss will be felt by each of them. He was an extraordinary advocate and champion for the environment, and a kind and wonderful human. His friends and colleagues at the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity would like to express their deepest sympathy to his family and to all staff at the CMS Secretariat.
- Blog post prepared by the Executive Secretary for the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting: We need to understand the nature and gravity of the collective crisis that now confronts human civilization if we are to answer the questions it poses.
- The 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference of the Parties (COP14) closed tonight with broad international agreement on reversing the global destruction of nature and biodiversity loss threatening all forms of life on Earth.