News from the CHMsRDF channels:
The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
[released on: 2011-06-28T00:00:00Z]
<p>The conference aims to initiate a concerted effort to use science and information technology to understand and deal with the environment problems of the Black Sea. It also aims at strengthening the science/policy interface and regional cooperation towards better governance of environment protection to preserve the Black Sea ecosystem as a valuable natural endowment of the region. </p>
European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
[released on: 2011-06-14T00:00:00Z]
<p>The Bern Convention Group of Experts on European Island Biological Diversity, created in 2009, met for the third time in Galéria, Corsica (France), 9-11 June 2011. The experts examined the reports by States and International organisations on biodiversity issues on islands in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, the North Atlantic and Baltic, in Iceland, Norway and Arctic. The reports are found in the url provided.</p>
The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
[released on: 2012-04-24T13:42:14Z]
<blockquote> <p><span>The resolution adopted gives higher political priority towards preserving and restoring damaged ecosystems. As the EU failed to meet its overall biodiversity target for 2010, biodiversity conservation should now be built into key EU policies, it adds. Environmentally harmful subsidies should be named and phasedout by 2020 and EU farm policy reform should aim to sustain biodiversity, say MEPs.</span></p> </blockquote> <p></p> <blockquote> <h3></h3> </blockquote>
Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
[released on: 2012-03-06T18:15:16Z]
<p>The open call for proposals BEST 2012 in the framework of the Preparatory Action 'BEST' (Voluntary scheme for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Territories of the EU Outermost Regions and Overseas Countries and Territories) was published today by the European Commission, with a deadline for submission of applications on the 1st June 2012</p>
Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species
[released on: 2012-01-27T00:00:00Z]
<p>In preparation of a legal instrument on Invasive Alien Species, the European Commission is now seeking views on the more specific choices to be made when establishing this instrument. All EU citizens and organisations, particulalry stakeholders and Member States are welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions are particularly sought from stakeholder organisations and Member States, during the period from <b>27.01.2012</b> to <b>12.04.2012.</b></p>
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Inspired by discussions on the possibilities of transformational change, a keynote address by Canadian astronaut Roberta Bondar, and a celebration of indigenous culture, more than 1,000 delegates from around the world concluded two critical meetings of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in Montreal, Canada.
- A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) geared towards enhancing cooperation between the Secretariats of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the FAO International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture was signed today on the margins of the second meeting of CBD's Subsidiary Body on Implementation, being held in Montreal, Canada.
- Statement by Dr. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the second meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation, 9-13 July 2018, Montreal, Canada
- A global platform for sharing information about the world's biodiversity has passed a major milestone, with the publication of the one-billionth species record of where a species lives through the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Online platform allows policymakers and other partners to access global data layers, upload and manipulate their own datasets, and query multiple datasets to provide key information on the Aichi Biodiversity Targets and nature-based Sustainable Development Goals.
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species