News from the CHMsRDF channels:
The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
[released on: 2011-06-28T00:00:00Z]
<p>The conference aims to initiate a concerted effort to use science and information technology to understand and deal with the environment problems of the Black Sea. It also aims at strengthening the science/policy interface and regional cooperation towards better governance of environment protection to preserve the Black Sea ecosystem as a valuable natural endowment of the region. </p>
European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
[released on: 2011-06-14T00:00:00Z]
<p>The Bern Convention Group of Experts on European Island Biological Diversity, created in 2009, met for the third time in Galéria, Corsica (France), 9-11 June 2011. The experts examined the reports by States and International organisations on biodiversity issues on islands in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, the North Atlantic and Baltic, in Iceland, Norway and Arctic. The reports are found in the url provided.</p>
The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
[released on: 2012-04-24T13:42:14Z]
<blockquote> <p><span>The resolution adopted gives higher political priority towards preserving and restoring damaged ecosystems. As the EU failed to meet its overall biodiversity target for 2010, biodiversity conservation should now be built into key EU policies, it adds. Environmentally harmful subsidies should be named and phasedout by 2020 and EU farm policy reform should aim to sustain biodiversity, say MEPs.</span></p> </blockquote> <p></p> <blockquote> <h3></h3> </blockquote>
Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
[released on: 2012-03-06T18:15:16Z]
<p>The open call for proposals BEST 2012 in the framework of the Preparatory Action 'BEST' (Voluntary scheme for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Territories of the EU Outermost Regions and Overseas Countries and Territories) was published today by the European Commission, with a deadline for submission of applications on the 1st June 2012</p>
Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species
[released on: 2012-01-27T00:00:00Z]
<p>In preparation of a legal instrument on Invasive Alien Species, the European Commission is now seeking views on the more specific choices to be made when establishing this instrument. All EU citizens and organisations, particulalry stakeholders and Member States are welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions are particularly sought from stakeholder organisations and Member States, during the period from <b>27.01.2012</b> to <b>12.04.2012.</b></p>
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- The science body under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) meets this week to discuss a wide array of biodiversity-related issues critical for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and tackling climate change. These discussions, taking place at the twenty-first meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA-21), being held in Montreal, Canada, from 11 to 14 December 2017, will lay the foundation for the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
- Message of the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, Dr. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, on the occasion of International Mountain Day 11 December 2017: "Mountains under pressure: climate, hunger and migration"
- The Nagoya-Kuala Lumpur Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, following the deposit of the instrument of acceptance by Japan on 5 December 2017, will enter into force on 5 March 2018.
- 10 official working documents and 14 information documents for the twenty-first meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA-21), being held in Montreal, Canada, 11 - 14 December 2017, are now available on the SBSTTA website.
- Soil is a symbol of fertility. It is the origin of life. It is the basis for food production.
News from the CHMs
- The outlook of the Black Sea, Conference in Odessa, 31st October - 4th November 2011
- European Island Biological Diversity - Bern Convention met in June 2011
- The European Parliament endorses the EU Biodiversity strategy to 2020
- Funding opportunities for biodiversity and ecosystem services in EU Overseas
- Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species