News from the CHMsRDF channels:
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- Statement by Ms. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity, on the occasion of the African Ministerial Summit on Biodiversity: "Land and ecosystem degradation and restoration: Priorities for increased investments in biodiversity and resilience in Africa"; Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt, 13 November 2018
- The global community will lay the groundwork for action over the next few decades to protect biodiversity and nature at the 2018 UN Biodiversity Conference, scheduled to take place in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt from 17 to 29 November 2018.
- The world has two years to secure a deal for nature to halt a 'silent killer' as dangerous as climate change, says biodiversity chief
- The winners of the MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018 were announced today. The MIDORI Prize is a prestigious biennial international prize organized by the AEON Environmental Foundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- I call on all governments to send a clear message at COP 14 that safeguarding biodiversity is fundamental to our survival and to the well-being of everybody, everywhere.