News from the CHMsRDF channels:
Grenadians to Plant Trees in Support of Forest Biodiversity
Activitities to celebrate world Biodiveristy Day and Forest Biodiversity Day. Thousands of people will be planting a tree to celebrate both the International Day for Biodiversity and the International Year of Forests.
CDB Latest News
- A report launched today shows that Asian consumers have an increasing awareness of the planet's biodiversity and want to see companies protecting it.
- Fifteen years ago, the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity entered into force aiming to ensure the safe handling, transfer and use of living modified organisms (or LMOs) resulting from modern biotechnology.
- Statement by Ms. Cristiana Pasca Palmer, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity, at the closing of the Plenary of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, 4 May 2019
- The world needs transformative change if life on Earth is to be safeguarded and people are to continue to receive the services and benefits that nature provides, according to a new report from an international team of leading researchers.
- The inaugural Nature Champions Summit closed Thursday with a call to put nature at the centre of the global discourse together with climate action and sustainable development.